How to Make a Natural Room Spray

How to Make a Natural Room Spray



Most of what I do centers around using herbs to help support and encourage health. But I also keep a collection of my favorite essential oils. I find that the two support each other very well because they are made from different parts of the plant, and therefore have different uses.

One of my favorite ways to use essential oil is around the home, particularly as a room spray. The wonderful thing about creating a room spray is that once you learn the technique, you can use your favorite essential oils.

The recipe I am featuring here includes my favorite combination: peppermint,
rosemary
and grapefruit. It's bright and energizing and I love to spray it in my office while I'm working to help enhance my concentration. However, you can use any essential oil or combination that you want.







Things You'll Need:





4-oz. glass spray bottle (amber or blue)




1-oz. vodka or other clear spirit (at least 80 proof)




3 drops peppermint essential oil




2 drops rosemary essential oil




2 drops grapefruit essential oil




Water (enough to fill the rest of the container)









1


Add vodka or other clear spirit to the glass or amber jar.





2


Add the essential oils. Cover and shake vigorously for a few seconds.





3


Add water until the jar is full. Cover and shake again.





4


Let it sit in a cool, dark place for at least a day before you start using it.








Tips & Warnings










Take the time to find the highest quality essential oils possible. I have provided a link in Resources below for Mountain Rose Herbs, my favorite herbal and essential oil supplier.








Some essential oil companies sell essential oil blends that you may want to try as well. Just make sure they contain pure essential oils and no additives.








Do not spray this blend on your skin. Grapefruit essential oil can make your skin sensitive to sunlight, and peppermint and rosemary can irritate tender tissues.



http://www.ehow.com/how_2187806_natural-room-spray.html